Vermont Health Connect
Vermont Health Connect is for individuals, families and small businesses in Vermont. This includes:
• Vermonters who do not have health insurance
• Vermonters who currently purchase insurance for themselves
• Vermonters who have Medicaid
• Vermonters who currently have Catamount, VHAP or Dr. Dynasaur
• Vermonters who are offered unaffordable coverage by their employers
• Small businesses in Vermont that provide coverage for their employees
Beginning in October 2013, small businesses with 50 or fewer employees will be able to use Vermont Health Connect to find coverage for their employees. In 2016, small businesses with 100 or fewer employees will be able to offer coverage for their employees through Vermont Health Connect.
On the Vermont Health Connect website you can:
- Compare plans
- Enroll in a health care plan (you can also enroll by phone or in person)
- Secure financial assistance (for persons and families earning up to %400 of the federal poverty level.
We have included some pertinent information to help you navigate the Vermont Health Connect site:
The first open enrollment period is October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014; enroll by December 15th, 2013 for coverage beginning on January 1st, 2014.
Find help near you: Navigators offer free, in-person enrollment assistance, outreach, and education. They are required to pass a certification exam.